Friday, February 6, 2015

Pretty Palettes: Catch Up Reveal for Laurel!

For the Michaels Halcraft Pretty Palettes Challenge, Laurel and I buy one strand of each bead that Erin picks out. We then split the loot and use our half to create for the challenge. This post is devoted to Laurel's challenge pieces.

First up, this was the December Inspiration...



Now for Laurels first piece…

"I made this piece because when I think mixed metal, I think edgy. So I went a little punk. I tried to just whip up a simple pair of earrings, but no matter how I tried to string them together, they looked awful. I was also using some gemstone chain and it was giving me fits...
So, I used these hematite cubes paired with spikes from Pat Catans and Vintaj chain. I'm quite pleased with this piece and know I will wear it a lot!"


And she also made this…

"This is the 2nd piece I made for that challenge. Why not combine the Andrew Thornton challenge seed beads and make a tassel with the Halcraft components??? Lol
I think most of my stuff will be combos... 

Check out what others made for December:
http://www.halcraft.com/design/pretty-palettes-december-reveal-2/


Next, this was the January Inspiration…



Laurel made this piece…

"I used an assortment of seed beads from the Allegory Gallery Desert Sand kit, and added rose quartz cubes that were drilled horizontally to make them sit on the red beading wire like a diamond. I used a few silver spacers to highlight the faux druzy resin bead that sits in the center and to pull together the Valentine-y silver toggle clasp. That way, the copper spacers and the silver jive! I think it's a fun piece and I know that I will be sure to wear it this month."

Here is what others made for January:
http://www.halcraft.com/pretty-palettes/pretty-palettes-january-reveal-2/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Elements: September 2019 Challenge

September Art Elements Challenge Wow, it’s been a year since I last used the blog. I always liked using my blog instead of Facebook, I act...