Thursday, April 23, 2015

Andrew Thornton's Amethyst Aether Challenge Kit Reveal

Andrew put together a special Steampunk themed kit in amethysts and bronzes. (I am especially partial to purples!) There was some leather, sari silk and waxed cord in the kit, plus I dug through my stash for some other cording as well. Here are 3 bangles I wrapped in the same style but three different materials...
The pendant on this necklace I made with Ice Resin and a bag of watch parts I got in Pittsburgh. (The base is a piece of scrap paper I had in the perfect colors.) I used purple stringing wire and framed some fun beads to portray movement.
The next picture shows the same necklace plus two more. The far right one I used Andrew's mystery component that he made, I added Swarovski, Czech glass and pressed glass. The one to the far left I had some purple electroplated Quartz points that I made into a leather knotted necklace with beads from the kit...
This picture shows the Quartz point necklace, the watchwork necklace and a Steampunk Bug pendant I made from a watch spring, old key, scrollwork wings and big beady eyes...
Here's my loot! What a fun challenge, thanks Andrew!
Please remember to blog hop and share some love


3 comments:

  1. You made a lovely and fun bunch of goodies! I love the bracelets and would wear them all stacked together. Beautiful! Each of the necklaces is fabulous in its own way. I really love the resin piece you made. I have yet to work with resin. But I think I am especially partial to the quartz point and leather necklace. It is so perfect for this challenge with the colors and the theme yet doesn't use any of the more expected components. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your designs are so whimsical and bold! I love the bug...great use of eclectic elements to pull together for the mechanical insect effect. I love your three-tiered necklace that incorporates the beautiful iridescent crystals and the leather. The watchwork necklace is just gorgeous. I love the Ice Resin elements that you composed. Fantastic work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How fun! So many wonderful creations! It seems like you got really inspired by this kit! Good! I particularly love the bangles. They've got a boho chic vibe and are so perfect alone or together! Great job! All the Steampunk creations are fantastic! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Art Elements: September 2019 Challenge

September Art Elements Challenge Wow, it’s been a year since I last used the blog. I always liked using my blog instead of Facebook, I act...