Monday, August 27, 2018

Swirls

This month’s theme for Art Elements is Swirls!
Check out the Art Elements site for details about the challenge. 

I pulled all my swirly artisan beads out to admire while I decided what to make.  The pieces from my stash are: Andrew Thornton’s copper color polymer clay pendant, Heather Boardman’s two glass odisks, Cynthia Thornton’s metal snake pendant, Sally Sutherland’s etched glass-work tube bead, and the paisley donut bead with the metal swirl hanger is from Priscilla Maraben. The black and white heart bead and the star pendant are from De-stashes and I don’t know the artist. If anyone recognizes them, let me know!

I chose to work with Soul Silver’s etched glass tube bead and HMB’s glass disk. The swirls are so beautifuly subtle in the tube bead, and the swirl is so visible in the disk and I loved that contrast. Looking through my stash, I found this mermaid key from Green Girl, and realized it had ocean waves on it, which are the King Of Swirls! 

This is a blog hop!! Please take a tour of everyone else’s swirl designs for this month!
 Art Elements Team: 
Susan

16 comments:

  1. I love what you chose and how you put the beads together, it's my favourite colour and beautiful, you must be pleased

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Alysen here :) ... all of your components came together to make a great piece of jewelry!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pulling all of those artist beads together! Thanks for participating :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that mermaid key, great swirly piece 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful mix of swirls and you combined them so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great theme you chose, I love the marine inspiration and swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors and the swirls - they're so calming and serene! The mermaid key works wonderfully well with the rest of the components. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The necklace is lovely. It's a very nice pairing of the art beads for an ocean themed swirl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely design and so my favorite color palette! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the necklace and colors. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous combination of beads you chose! I love the ocean-y feel of the piece and the way you combined all those great art beads!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful necklace! I absolutely love the colors & the ocean vibe. That mermaid key is the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful design, I love the components you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alison, great collection of swirls and great necklace! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete

Art Elements: September 2019 Challenge

September Art Elements Challenge Wow, it’s been a year since I last used the blog. I always liked using my blog instead of Facebook, I act...