Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Halcraft Pretty Palette Challenge

Thanks to Erin for hosting this Challenge on Pretty Palettes :: August Reveal - Halcraft USA. I always enjoy searching out the beads that she finds and trying to find the exact same ones to use. Then I split them with Laurel and we start creating. This time I had some lava stone from Allegory Gallery already so we used it. The rest of the beads are all from Michaels Stores. Here is the inspiration picture and the bead picture from Halcraft USA.

Fairy chimneys formed from volcanic rock, rise to the sky and have been carved out for churches, homes and hotels over the centuries.

 

Neutral tones play with textures for the August Pretty Palettes inspiration.

 

I made a wire wrapped dangle bracelet. It is reminiscent of the landscape of Cappadocia, Turkey and its fairy chimneys that are made from volcanic ash.

Take a look at the Pretty Palettes :: August Reveal and see what all the other designers made from the same inspiration!

2 comments:

  1. Love the bracelet, Miss Alison. The shape on those lava stones is really different and their texture really packs a punch! Thanks for playing along with me in the Halcraft Pretty Palettes challenge. Check back on the blog on September 2nd for the next inspiration! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, I love the texture in your bracelet! The chain, the lava stones, the twine-covered beads. They're all wonderful together. Thank you for playing along with the rest of the Halcraft team. I have created a Pinterest board showcasing the great designs from this month's challenge. Here's a link: https://www.pinterest.com/halcraft/pretty-palettes-august-2015/

    ReplyDelete

Art Elements: September 2019 Challenge

September Art Elements Challenge Wow, it’s been a year since I last used the blog. I always liked using my blog instead of Facebook, I act...