Monday, February 1, 2016

Inspired by Reading: The Magicians by Lev Grossman

The Magicians by Lev Grossman
Full disclosure (seems to be a theme this month, haha): I did not read past the first couple chapters. I tried to watch it on the scyfy website and only got as far as I read. Which I am surprised, as I really thought I would enjoy this book. Oh well. I actually haven't been reading much lately. I have purchased a few with all intention of reading, but I can't seem to focus. Here's my pile of to read... And my nook to read or finish reading...
Oh well... Here's my current inspiration from The Magicians. It's about the 'button' they use to travel back and forth. I read about it in a synopsis and was curious if it was a sewing button, a switch-type button, a Staples-easy-button type button or a wear pinned-to-your-clothes button. So I googled it and I found this website that has hundreds of novels page by page online. And at the same time found it is indeed a sewing type button. Of which any good jewelry maker has by the hoard full handful. So became my inspiration.


2 comments:

  1. So... I don't think I'm even up to that part of the story. Or I don't recall reading it.
    Any how, I like your necklace a lot. Love the way you strung the buttons together. What is the gemstone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's Labrodorite, it goes amazingly with he MOP buttons!

    ReplyDelete

Art Elements: September 2019 Challenge

September Art Elements Challenge Wow, it’s been a year since I last used the blog. I always liked using my blog instead of Facebook, I act...